How to restore iPhone to factory settings? If you have an iPhone, you know that your data is pretty safe as long as you set a passcode. If you lose your device, this is a worrying news, because these problems arise when you forget your passcode. So, if you have been wondering how to get into locked iPhone without passcode, know that Factory reset is an option. Of course, there are other reasons why people restore their iPhone to factory settings. In this article on free phone app, we want to talk about this issue. So, stay with us until the end of this article.
How to restore iPhone to factory settings?
1) Find My iPhone
If you want to reset an iPhone without a passcode via Find My iPhone, you will find that it is not the most difficult task, but it does require a few steps. The following is what you should do in this article:
- Sign in to Find My iPhone through your iCloud account.
- Enter your Apple ID and password. You won’t need your iPhone passcode, but access to your regular Apple account is still mandatory.
- Select your iPhone from the list of devices.
- Click on the Erase iPhone option and confirm the decision.
- Now you can access your device and create a new password.
Another thing you can do is that you can reset your iPhone with a computer and access to iTunes. This only works if you have already synced your device with iTunes. Next we will talk about this topic:
- Connect your iPhone to the computer and open iTunes. Go to Summary from the left menu.
- Find the Restore iPhone option in the new menu and click on it. Confirm your selection in the new window and restore your iPhone. This will take some time.
- After this step, you will be allowed to access your iPhone and all the data you had on it before the last backup.
3) Recovery mode
If you’ve ever wondered how to reset iPhone quickly, you should know that if you’ve forgotten your passcode, there’s another way you can do it quickly. You need iTunes on your computer and lock your iPhone in recovery mode. In the rest of this article, we will explain it section by section:
First, you need to launch iTunes and enter recovery mode. On iPhone 8 or later, quickly press and release the Volume Up button; Then do the same with the volume down button and press and hold the power button until the recovery mode screen appears. Then press and hold the Volume Down button and the Power button until the recovery mode screen appears.
On iPhone 6S, press and hold the Home and Side buttons until the Recovery Mode screen appears. Connect the device to your computer via USB cable. A prompt will then appear in iTunes allowing you to restore or update your device. After that, select the Restore option. All the steps are done.
In this article on the free phone app site, we have addressed one of the most common problems of iPhone users and reviewed the best solutions step by step. You can choose one of these solutions depending on your situation.