What is the best free barcode scanner app for iPhone? Do you need to scan a QR code using your iPhone? These are the kinds of questions that we will be answering in this guide from FreePhoneApp.
With the recent outbreak of the coronavirus, contact with surfaces poses a major risk, as the virus can spread through contaminated surfaces. For this reason, code scanner apps as a solution to prevent contact with the surface, have tried to answer this current need.
Fortunately, you do not need to install an app to be able to scan barcodes. All you have to do is to point your phone’s camera at the barcode and a notification will appear showing you the menu. But this is only true about iOS iPhones version 8 and above.
Best Free Barcode Scanner Apps for iPhone
Scanning a QR code with the camera app using your iPhone is quick and easy. But what if your smartphone does not support scanning? No need to worry, now you can install and use free scanner apps for your iPhone.
Kaspersky QR Scanner
Average score: 4.6
Kaspersky is known for its security features, including anti-virus, cyber threats, and business security. There are several reasons that make Kaspersky one of the best free barcode scanner apps for iPhone:
- Kaspersky is an international cyber security company that aims to scan QR codes using its mobile app.
- The company provides safety checks to ensure that the QR code does not lead to dangerous or malicious content. It allows you to have a history of all QR scans done with the app.
- Whenever the user scans the QR code using the app, the data is automatically saved in the device to easily access files, images, and old data.
Kaspersky is one of the best free barcode scanner apps for iPhone.
Barcode Scanner – QR Scanner
Average score: 4.4
Barcode Scanner is among the best QR and barcode scanner apps for iPhone for a reason. Some of the features this app offers include:
- This app allows users to share scanned codes via email or save them on their iPhones.
- It also supports copying/pasting the code into other apps and programs or web searches. Users can create a list of all scanned codes with Dropbox or Google Drive.
To start scanning, tap on “TAP TO START SCAN” and point the camera toward your QR code. The camera must be correctly positioned in front of the barcode to scan. The wrong placement of the camera can lead to unsuccessful scanning.
QR Code Reader
Average score: 4.7
This app scans a barcode as soon as it sees it. The features of the QR Code Reader application include the following:
- This app is the most popular barcode reader program in Google Play Store with more than 50 million installs.
- It is a simple app and does not take up much space. This app is free to use but contains ads.
- This QR scanner app can also scan traditional barcodes.
Gamma Play QR Code Reader
Average score: 4.4
Gamma Play QR Code Reader is another amazing scanner that decodes a barcode as soon as it sees it.
- This app is highly efficient in scanning barcodes and in addition, it also saves all previous scans. This application helps users to scan product barcodes and compare prices online.
- This app has a reverse scanning feature; That is, it can scan QR codes with a black background and white squares.
- After each scan, the app automatically detects relevant actions such as visiting a URL, saving contact information, or making a call.
What is the best free barcode scanner app for iPhone? In this guide from FreePhoneApp we talked about 4 of the best applications for iPhone when it comes to scanning barcodes and QR codes.