In this post by the Free Phone App, we are going to learn how to update emojis on Android without root. Stay tuned to the end of the tutorial if this is something that interests you.
Sometimes we use emojis or small emoticons to express our feelings in our writings. Emojis can convey our feelings much better than text. If you are an Android user and do not know how to activate the emoji keyboard, or if you are a user whose phone does not support Emojis, do not worry. We will teach you how to activate the Android emoji keyboard and how to use emoji keyboard apps to update Emojis.
How to Update Emojis on Android without Root
Here’s how you can get the newest Emojis on your smartphone:
Android users have several ways to change and install emojis, but the first thing you should do is check if your phone you can read and write emojis. If your phone does not support emojis, you will see square characters instead of emojis. So first you need to follow the steps below:
- Tap on the Settings icon or the Settings of your Android phone.
- Scroll down and tap on System.
- Select About Phone or About Tablet.
- Tap Software Version to display the Android Version section.
Find your Android version. To do this, pay attention to the number written under Android Version:
- Version 44 to 7.1 – Devices running Android 4.4 and above use Google Keyboard to add emoji.
- Version 4.3 – You can use the iWnn IME keyboard to type black and white emoji characters. You can also use the external keyboard to insert colored emoji characters.
- Android 4.1 to 4.2 – You can see certain emojis but no option for a built-in keyboard.
- Android 2.3 and below – Your device does not support displaying or typing emojis.
If your Android device does not support emojis, don’t worry, there are additional apps that you can download from Google Play.
Google Keyboard app supports all emoji characters. Full color emojis are available for all devices running Android 4.4 or higher.
Open your Google Play Store. Tap on the Google search bar. Type Google Keyboard. Tap on Google Keyboard in the list of results. Tap the Install button. Then select Accept. Now wait for Google Keyboard to install. Tap on the Settings icon. Scroll down to reach the Personal section. Here select Language & input. In the Keyboards & Input Methods section, select Default. Tap Google Keyboard.
Now Google Keyboard will be activated for you. You can use emoji characters in your messages. Hold the enter button as shown in the image below. A pop-up menu will appear for you. Tap on the smiley icon to open the list of emojis.
Tap on one of the categories that appear above the keyboard to view different emoji characters. Swipe right or left to see more emojis on the screen. Tap on one of the emojis. In Android 7.0 and above, you can hold your hand on the emojis to change the darkness of the emoji skin.
In this post by the Free Phone App team, we learned how to update emojis on Android without root. Hope you found the guide useful.