In this post buy the Free Phone App team, we are going to learn how to delete cookies on Samsung Android phone. Stay tuned to the end of this guide if this is something that interests you.
Cookies are small text files that websites store on your device to improve your browsing experience, but sometimes the user wants to delete them. These files contain data that helps websites remember your login information and preferences. Thanks to cookies, you don’t have to enter your login credentials every time you visit a website or adjust your browsing preferences.
However, cookies are created over time and may lead to browsing problems, such as slow loading and formatting errors. Deleting cookies on Android smartphones helps to solve these problems.
Deleting cookies also frees up storage space, but if you don’t know how to delete cookies on your Samsung Android phone, this guide if for you.
How to Delete Cookies on Samsung Android Phone
How to Delete Cookies in Google Chrome
Use the following steps to delete cookies in most Chromium-based browsers, including Google Chrome, Vivaldi, and Brave.
- Launch the Chrome app on Android and tap the three-dot menu in the upper-right corner.
- Open the Settings option.
- Select the Privacy and Security option.
- Tap on the Clear browsing data option.
- Set the time range to All time and select the Cookies and site data option.
- Tap Clear data to delete cookies from your device.
How to Delete Cookies on Certain Websites in Chrome
- If there is a website that works poorly on your Samsung Android device, instead of deleting all cookies, you can delete only the cookies for that particular website. To do this, follow the steps below;
- Open the website that is causing the problem through Chrome.
- Open the three-dot menu and tap on the (i) icon.
- Select the Cookies option and tap the Trash button.
- Use the Clear button to clear cookies from this website.
How to Prevent Websites from Storing Cookies in Chrome
Google Chrome can prevent websites from storing cookies on your Samsung Android devices. If you do not want to encounter cookies in the future, follow the steps below;
- Launch the Chrome app and use the three-dot menu to open Settings.
- Select Site settings and open cookies.
- Select the options Block third-party cookies or Block all cookies.
Selecting the Block third-party cookies option ensures that websites can still store some cookies on your Android device, as it only blocks third-party cookies that are primarily used to track user behavior across websites.
If you choose to block all cookies, websites cannot store any cookies on your device. Therefore, websites cannot store your login information or personalized details, resulting in an inferior browsing experience. Use this option when you do not want websites to store cookies on your Samsung Android device.
How to Delete Cookies on Samsung Internet
If you are using a Samsung smartphone, you are probably using the default Samsung Internet browser. Here’s how to delete cookies if you’re using Samsung’s Internet browser;
- Launch Samsung Internet Browser and tap the menu button in the lower right corner.
- Open Settings and select Personal browsing data.
- Open the Delete browsing data option and select the Cookies and site data option.
- Tap the Delete data button and then tap the confirm option.
In this guide by the Free Phone App team, we learned how to delete cookies on Samsung Android phone. Hope you found this tutorial helpful.