How to sync contacts from iPhone to Mac without iCloud? Your contacts are some of the most valuable information on your phone. Therefore, they need to be kept in the best possible place and away from any danger. In this article on the free phone app website, we talked about this topic. So, stay with us until the end of this article.
How to Sync Contacts from iPhone to Mac without iCloud?
One of the easiest ways to sync contacts from iPhone to Mac is to use iCloud. The best part about iCloud is that it not only makes sure all your data is correct, but it also updates your contacts by adding new contacts or editing existing contacts, no matter if you add or change the contact on your Mac. Do it on your iPhone, your contacts will always be in sync.
How to Sync Contacts from iPhone to Mac Using iCloud?
- To set up iCloud sync, you’ll need to sign in to the same iCloud account on your iPhone and Mac:
- On your iPhone, go to Settings > Your Name > iCloud.
- Turn on contacts.
- Tap Merge.
- Then on your Mac, click the Apple menu in the upper-left corner.
- Click System Preferences > iCloud.
- Turn on the switch next to contacts. Now everything is done.
Transfer Contacts from iPhone to Mac without iCloud
If you don’t already use iCloud or just like to use iTunes to sync your iPhone to your Mac, don’t worry; There is still a way to sync your contacts. The only thing you need to keep in mind is that you have to manually sync the contact every time you update or add something. While iCloud usually syncs every time you make a change to a contact, when you sync without iCloud, your contacts won’t update until the next time you connect your iPhone to your Mac.
How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to Mac Using a USB Cable?
Before you try to sync your contacts using iTunes, it’s a smart idea to make sure that iCloud contact syncing is turned off on your iPhone. Once you’re done, follow these steps to sync your iPhone contacts to your Mac:
- Connect your iPhone to your Mac via a USB cable.
- Open iTunes on your Mac.
- Click on the iPhone icon in the upper left corner.
- In the sidebar, click Info.
- Check the box next to Synchronize contacts.
- Click Apply at the bottom.
When you sync contacts from your iPhone to your Mac, you need to remember that you’re actually syncing both devices with iCloud. So, if you’re having trouble trying to sync your contacts, these are the possible reasons:
- iCloud storage is full.
- Your devices are not signed into the same iCloud account.
- Contact sync is off.
How to Sync Contacts from iPhone to Mac via Airdrop
- Step 1: Ensure the devices iPhone and Mac systems are accessible to the Wi-Fi network.
- Step 2: Now, turn on the Bluetooth in your iPhone as well as in your Mac system. To enable the Bluetooth option in your iPhone, go to ‘Settings -> Bluetooth’ and then turn on. In your Mac system hit ‘Apple Menu-> System Preference -> Bluetooth’ and then enable it.
- Step 3: Next, turn on the ‘Airdrop’ feature on your iPhone. Go to the ‘Control Center’ -> press the ‘Network settings card’ -> select ‘Contacts only’ or ‘Everyone’ in the list.
- Step 4: To activate the ‘Airdrop’ option in your Mac systems navigate to ‘Finder -> Go -> Airdrop’. Next tap ‘Allow me to be discovered by’ and choose either ‘Contacts only’ or ‘Everyone’.
- Step 5: In your iPhone, click ‘Contacts’ icon and choose a contact. Press ‘Share Contact’ option in your gadget.
- Step 6: Choose ‘Airdrop’ from the expanded list and select your ‘Mac’ system name to trigger the transfer process
You must authenticate the notification in your Mac system regarding the contact sharing process from iPhone gadget. The contacts stores in the ‘Download’ folder in your Mac system.
How to Sync Contacts from iPhone to Mac via MobileTrans – Backup
The Wondershare MobileTrans is the perfect application to handle any data transfer between gadgets and systems. You do not require any technical skills to work on this tool. It has overwhelming features to assist you in effortless data transfer. The user-friendly interface of the application enables you to identify the right options quickly to carry out the desired tasks.
Mind-blowing functionalities of MobileTrans app
• Lossless data transfer between any gadgets and systems comprising of different OS environment
• Compatible to OS and Mac systems without any issues
• Back up your iPhone and Android gadget’s data effortlessly into your system for future use
• Restore the backup data from your system
• to your new gadgets quickly
• You can create a backup for your WhatsApp messages using this innovative program.
In this article on the free phone app website, we have answered one of the most common questions of users. There are other methods to take care of the problem toot, but in this article we introduced the easiest and best one. Hope you found this post useful.