How to airdrop from iPhone to MacBook? One of the biggest and most useful features of Apple products is the ability to AirDrop files easily between your devices and even the devices of other Apple users. AirDrop saves a lot of time and is especially valuable when you are transferring large files like videos and music files. In this article on the free phone app website, we want to talk about transferring files using this wonderful method. So, stay with us until the end of this article.
How to airdrop from iPhone to MacBook?
- Before you start selecting photos for AirDrop on your iPhone or iPad, go to Settings.
- Scroll down and tap on General. Tap AirDrop.
- In the AirDrop menu, choose Contacts Only to transfer files only to people in your contacts list, or choose Everyone to transfer files to anyone nearby with an Apple device. Make sure both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi are turned on and you’re in close proximity to your Mac to start transferring files. Next, I will tell you how you can enable AirDrop on your Mac:
- First, open the Finder.
- Select AirDrop from the left sidebar. The AirDrop window will open. At the bottom of your screen, you’ll see “Allow me to be discovered by” and then you’ll see a menu. Select only contacts or all. Make sure both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi are turned on and you’re close to your iPhone to start transferring files.
How to AirDrop Photos from iPhone to Mac?
Now that you’ve turned on AirDrop on your iPhone and Mac, it’s time to start transferring your files. In the rest of this article, I will give you more details: Open the file you want to AirDrop. If you want to transfer multiple photos or videos, open the Photos app and tap Select to select all the photos and videos you want to AirDrop.
Tap the share icon at the bottom left. Then select AirDrop. Select your Apple device from the menu and the icon will be a blue circle with the word Waiting below and then Send. After sending photos or videos, tap Done. Note that your iPhone photos may be transferred to your Mac as HEIC files, and not all Mac apps will be able to open them. So if you send a file but it is not opened; Pay attention to this.
How to AirDrop all your camera photos?
While there is no limit to the number of photos you can send via AirDrop, the time required can make the process impractical. Also, the number you choose to transfer is also effective. In the rest of this article, I will explain to you:
- Open the Photos app on your iPhone.
- Tap Library, then tap All Photos to make sure you’ve put all the photos in your Camera Roll.
- Tap Select at the top right. Select the first photo in the bottom row; A blue check mark will appear.
- Use two fingers to hold this thumbnail. Then swipe up on all the photos in the Camera Roll to select them all. While this process requires a bit of attention, it’s still much easier than selecting individual images. Once you’ve selected all your photos, tap the share icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap AirDrop and select the device you want to share the photos with. Be patient, as your transfer may take a while. Then tap Done when all your photos have been transferred.
In this article on the free phone app site, we have answered one of the most common questions of users and examined it from different parts. Don’t forget to check your distance with the device you want to send the file; so that a long distance does not prevent you from sending the file.