In this tutorial by the Free Phone App, we will be learning how to unsilence notifications on iPhone for one person. Stay tuned to the end of this guide is this is something that interests you.
If you receive spam messages from people who are not your target audience, you can filter out unknown senders in Messages and ensure that their messages are automatically sorted into a separate list. You can also filter and silence calls from unknown numbers by going to Settings > Phone > Silence Unknown Callers on your iPhone.
Sometimes we need to silence all notifications related to a contact. If you receive messages or calls that are annoying to you, to get rid of this problem, you can set their notifications to silent mode or Mute. Then again, sometimes you might need to do the opposite, that is you need to learn to how to unsilenced notifications on iPhone for one person. So, if you want to completely unsilence a user’s messages, calls, and notifications, do the following.
How to Unsilence Notifications on iPhone for One Person
In order to UnSilence notifications for certain contacts follow the steps below:
- Log into your iPhone messages.
- Open your iMessage app and tap the contact’s name at the top to access more options.
- Now, tap on ‘Info’ to access the settings.
- In this section, you will see ‘Hide Alerts’ option. You can simply disable it.
- Now, if you go to your conversation list in the messages section of the phone, your muted or silenced message or conversation will be shown with a crescent moon icon. This helps you easily distinguish the silenced messages from the rest of the messages.
- If you want to unsilence a muted message or conversation, just swipe to the left and tap Show Alert.
In this way, you can also set your iPhone messages to silent mode again. Although we focused on the iPhone in this post, you can use these steps to mute notifications on your iPad as well.
How to Disable all Notifications of a Specific App on iPhone
Unfortunately, iPhones do not have the ability to disable or turn off all notifications/announcements. You can only disable the notifications of your desired apps one by one so that you do not receive the notifications.
In order to do this, do the following steps:
- Enter Settings.
- Go down a little and enter the “Notifications” section.
- You will see a list of all app, touch the desired one.
Now it would be enough to deactivate the “Allow Notifications” option in order to disable all app notifications. By doing this, you will never receive notifications from the desired app.
In this tutorial by the Free Phone App team, we learned how to unsilence notifications on iPhone for one person. As you can see, the whole thing is pretty straightforward and there is not much to it. Hope you found this guide useful.