In this post by the Free Phone App team, we are going to learn How to Sideload Apps iOS Without AltStore. Stay tuned to the end of this tutorial if this is something that interests you.
Before app stores like AltStore and AltServer became the main way to side-install apps on iPhone and iPad, you may remember that users used an app called Cydia Impactor made by Saurik.
Unfortunately, the Cydia Impactor program stopped working some time ago for users who did not subscribe to Apple developer accounts. Today we would like to introduce you to a free program for Mac and Windows called Sideloadly, which has almost the same functionality as Cydia Impactor, but with more options, a nicer interface, and support for Apple’s free developer accounts.
Everything You Need to Know About Sideloadly
At first, if we want to talk about this program, we must say that a long time has passed since its public release and it was available almost since the 13th version of the iOS and iPadOS operating systems. Currently, this program continues to work well and fully supports side-installing apps on iPhones and iPads running iOS 15 or iPadOS 15, and even Macs running M1 family chips, namely the M1 chip, M1 Pro chip, and M1 Ultra chip. It is also supposed to support.
The interesting thing about Sideloadly is that it provides several advanced options that users can choose to use when sideloading apps to their device. For example, you can use this app to remove restrictions on supported devices, remove extensions, change the app name, change the app version, choose whether to use an automatic package identifier, or No, change how the app is signed and even configure how tweaks are injected. You can see these in the image below.
For Sideloadly, it doesn’t matter if your iPhone or iPad is jailbroken or not, because it easily sideloads apps onto your device. You don’t even need to use it to install jailbroken apps. In this tutorial, we are going to install the unc0ver app on an iPhone, and if you have decided to install another app on your device, it doesn’t matter.
Sideloadly is free for both Windows and Mac operating systems, and you don’t need any additional software to sign sideloading apps. Sideloading apps installed using Sideloadly are subject to a 7-day signing limit just like any other platform that uses your Apple ID as a free Apple developer account, but longer if you’ve got a paid Apple developer account.
How to Sideload Apps iOS Without AltStore?
Now that you are familiar with the basic nature of Sideloadly, you can install the desired application on your device by following the steps below:
- Download and install Sideloadly from its official website.
- Launch the Sideloadly program by double-clicking on the program located in the Applications folder.
- When the Mac operating system shows you a message about a developer confirmation line, click on Cancel.
- After going through these steps, go to System Preferences.
- Go to Security & Privacy in System Preferences.
- From the General tab, click on the Open Anyway option that appears at the bottom of the window for the Sideloafy program.
- In the security notification shown below, tap the OK icon to confirm that you want to open Sideloadly. Note that this process may take some time, so be patient.
- Connect the device on which you want to install the programs using a cable.
- Enter your Apple ID in the part where the Sideloadly program asks you to enter the Apple ID.
- Drag and drop the .ipa file of the program you want in the IPA section of the Sideloadly program interface.
- After completing all the mentioned steps, press the Start button.
- In the meantime, if you are asked, enter your Apple ID password and then click on the OK icon. The thing you should pay attention to in the meantime is that this information is only sent to Apple for confirmation. When Sideloadly is finished, do not launch the app you installed on your device, as you will be presented with an untrusted developer warning.
- To fix the said warning, go to your iPhone’s settings program and then click on General and then click on Device Management to open a new space for you. In this space that you see now, click on your Apple ID in the Developer App section.
- After doing this, tap on the blue Trust… icon, then tap on the red Trust icon when prompted.
Congratulations! You are all done and you have sideloaded an app on your device using Sideloadly app. You can now open the app you installed from your device’s home screen.
In this post by the Free Phone App team, we learned How to Sideload Apps iOS Without AltStore. Hope you found this guide useful. Keep browsing Free Phone App, for more helpful content.