Backup from iPhone or iPad includes the settings of your device, the data of your apps, the organization of your apps, texts and iMessages, documents, etc., which if you do not currently have iCloud, you can make a backup copy through your computer. In this article from Free phone app we want give you complete information about how do I back up my iPhone to my computer and give you the complete steps. So read this post to the end to know more.
How do I back up my iPhone to my computer?
Apple has made it possible to back up the contents of iPhones and iPads in two ways. In the first method, the iTunes app is used. In this method, you need to connect your iPhone or iPad to a computer with the latest version of iTunes installed using an interface cable. Then, by running this program, you can easily create a backup file from the contents of your iPhone or iPad.
Follow the steps below if you want to know how do I back up my iPhone to my computer by using iTunes:
- Using the interface cable, connect your iPhone to the intermediate computer where the iTunes app is installed.
- If a message appears on your iPhone screen, select the Allow option.
- If the iTunes program does not run automatically on the computer, run it manually.
- Click on the name of your iPhone and go to the Summary section.
- If you want the information synchronized with Apple Watch and programs such as Health and Activity of your iPhone to be saved in the backup file, check the Encrypt iPhone Backup option on the right side of the existing window.
- After selecting the Back Up Now option, the process of backing up the content and information of your iOS device will begin. The amount of time required to complete this process is directly related to the amount of data stored on your device.
But the second method offered by Apple to back up the content of its iPhones and iPads is completely different from the first method. In this method, the iCloud cloud storage service is used, so there is no need to connect the iPhone or iPad to the computer and use the iTunes app.
- First, connect your iPhone or iOS device to an internet network.
- Now go to iPhone Settings and select iCloud option.
- See the section titled Back Up.
- Activate the slider next to the iCloud Backup option and move it to the green state.
- Now touch the blue Back Up Now option.
In this situation, the process of backing up the contents and settings of your iPhone or iPad will begin. This information should be uploaded to your iCloud account. The speed of doing this is directly related to the speed of the Internet and the amount of data on your device. While using this method, you should pay attention to several points. The first point is related to the fact that by using the backup function through iCloud, the volume of your internet package is being consumed.
What does iPhone backup include?
- Content synced from Finder or iTunes, like imported MP3s or CDs, videos, books, and photos.Data already stored in iCloud,
- like iCloud Photos, iMessages, and text (SMS) and multimedia (MMS) messages.
- Face ID or Touch ID settings. Apple Pay information and settings.
Advantages and disadvantages of backing up iPhone through iCloud
Backing up iPhone using iCloud has advantages over other methods, which are mentioned below:
- This method is very fast and hassle-free if you have high-speed internet.
- iCloud backup is completely automatic and does not require any action by the application.
In this method, no intermediary such as a computer is needed, and all the backup operations from the iPhone are done using the Internet.
Advantages and disadvantages of iPhone backup via iTunes
- One of the advantages of backing up an iPhone through iTunes is that you don’t need the Internet. Also, the saving of different files on the computer memory is one of the other advantages of this method, which makes the backed up files impossible to delete.
- But due to the fact that in this method a computer is needed as an intermediary, the use of iTunes has some limitations and this is one of its disadvantages. Also, this method requires more time for backup than the iCloud method.
At the end
In this article from Free phone app we talked about how do I back up my iPhone to my computer. Here, we mentioned d 2 important methods and explain both of them (using iTunes and iCloud). Also we explained what does iPhone backup include. We hope this post can be useful for you and help you to backup your iPhone to your computer .