Compasses are tools for finding geographical directions, and people whose mobile phones have a compass sensor can use the compass applications that we introduce in this article, when necessary. In this article from Free phone app we will be answering this frequently asked question: What is the best free compass app for iPhone?
What Is the Best Free Compass App for iPhone?
As you know, you can simply download a compass app on your mobile phone. There are many choices, but check out this article to find a compass app for Android or iOS that meets your needs. Pay attention that all current iPhones have built-in compasses that you can access through the Extras folder or the Utilities folder. Have a list of free compass app for iPhone:
You can easily download this application from the app store.
More than 1000 applications and 300 educational articles have been placed on the Freephone website. Also, if you have any questions, ask them in the comment section so our experts can answer them as soon as possible.
Best free compass app for iPhone:
|App Name||Rate on App Store||# of Installs|
|Commander Compass||★★★★★||700K +|
|Altimeter GPS Pro||★☆☆☆☆||100K+|
|Digital Field Compass||★☆☆☆☆||5K+|
|3D Compass Plus||★★☆☆☆||200K+|
It uses network location coordinates or GPS to calculate and determine true north. This app supports magnetic north and displays the magnetic field strength so you can check for any interference; Also, you can copy, share and view your coordinates on the map.
Compass at a glance:
|# of Installs||1M+|
|Pro version:||5.99$ / month|
Compass main features
- operates in 3D: Commander Compass operates in 3D to show real-time object positions
- Save your position: Save your position so you don’t lose your way back
- Location sharing: Share your location with friends
Pro version features:
- saved places :Find saved places
- Offline map: Get an offline map
Compass Strength and Weaknesses
- Navigate by star
- Find saved places
❌ Compass Weaknesses:
- The subscription fee is unreasonable
- Find saved places
You can download Compass from this button:
2. Smart Compass
- It has telescopic, night, digital and Google maps modes, as well as street maps and satellite maps.
- Standard mode uses your phone’s camera for true orientation view.
- This app includes a GPS speedometer as well as a screen recording tool.
Smart Compass at a glance:
|# of Installs||20M+|
Smart Compass main features
- Telescopic mode: Use the telescopic mode to see the stars
- Using Google Maps: Use Google Maps to get an aerial map
- Offline map: Using an offline map for mapping
- GPS speedometer: Using GPS speedometer
Smart Compass Strength and Weaknesses
✅ Smart Compass Strengths:
- Dark mood
- Accurate compass
- GPS speedometer
❌Smart Compass Weaknesses:
- Not having a pro version
- Battery consumption is a bit high
Download Smart Compass
You can download Smart Compass from this button:
3. Commander Compass
Another app to explain what is the best free compass app for iPhone, is Commander Compass. to mention some features of this app, pay attention to the following:
- Built to military specifications, it allows you to use it both in your vehicle and off-road. You can use it to find and even track the sun, moon and stars or multiple locations in real time.
- You can overlay compass maps for everything from your favorite camping spot and treasure hunt to where you parked your car at the mall to see where you’re headed.
Commander Compass at a glance:
|# of Installs||700K+|
|Pro version:||100% Free|
Commander Compass main features
- Magnetic North: The Magnetic North feature is active in the program
- Weather Temperature :Check the weather in the app
- Free: All features of the program are free
- Location sharing: Share your location with friends
Commander Compass Strength and Weaknesses
✅ Commander Compass Strengths:
- Flashlight for night time
- Cardinal direction
- 100% Free
❌ Commander Compass Weaknesses:
- It is incompatible with some phones
- The phone needs to be updated
Download Commander Compass
You can download Commander Compass from this button:
4. Altimeter GPS Pro
Altimeter GPS Pro compass is one of the best iPhone and Android compasses.
- In this basic navigation app, distance, direction, travel time, speed information and total elapsed time are available to you, but this is only the lowest level of what this app can do.
- One of the interesting features of this program is the types of maps it provides.
5. Gyro Compass
If you want a compass on your iPhone to work exactly like a compass in the real world, you need Gyro Compass. Undoubtedly, this can be one of the best compasses that you have on your phone. So, if you are interested in real compasses and are not looking for additional features, this program can be the best option for you.
6. Compass 55
This compass app provides you with complete facilities for navigation. If you are looking for a compass that shows you the distance, direction, maps and routes, Compass 55 is definitely the right option for you to turn your phone into a full-fledged compass. All these features are available in the normal version, and by upgrading to the Pro version, you can have more features and capabilities. Of course, you need to practice a little to master this compass.
7. Digital Field Compass
Digital Field Compass is a simple app with no fancy backgrounds or maps to save battery life. It’s free, accurate, and has an easy-to-use layout with a digital center, but requires WiFi for better results.
In addition, this app can detect magnetic interference, making it ideal for digital navigation on land. This app can also be used in a marine environment for sailing.
You can set your current location manually and use Nighttime Mode to maintain visibility at night. The Digital Field Compass app complements the map app on your iPjhone. This makes it a great app for teaching map reading, hiking, hill climbing, and general outdoor navigation.
8. 3D Compass Plus
3D Compass Plus is a fun app to use and also play with as it provides a realistic augmented reality view, GPS information, and real-time map updates. The app’s AR view displays a 3D map, compass, coordinates, speed, address, and time on an easy-to-read screen using your device’s camera.
To get in the right direction, you can point your camera at an object or take videos showing your path and share them with others to follow you. This app is useful for teaching about travel, especially for people who are new to compass navigation. You can also take pictures of the page and embed EXIF tags, the date or time of the location in the picture files of the page.
3D Compass Plus app comes with an ad-supported free version, but you can also upgrade to the PRO version and enjoy an ad-free experience. For best results, 3D Compass Plus requires location access, a camera, storage space, a microphone, and an internet connection.
9. Compass Galaxy
If you spend a lot of time hiking, fishing, and often in nature, you will find the Compass Galaxy app is accurate and very useful. Galaxy Compass has outstanding graphics and easy calibration. Plus, it’s bug-free so you can use it when you’re out camping, boating, or hiking. This app is simple to use and does not require unnecessary permissions like most other tools.
10. Compass PixelProse
Accurate and smart compass for iPhone called Compass developed by PixelProse Group. One of the few free compasses that does not contain any advertisements. This compass uses your device’s GPS to get the most accurate information about your coordinates on the ground.
At the End
In this post from Free phone app we introduced 10 common compass app in response to this frequently asked question: What is the best free compass app for iPhone? Hope you found this guide helpful.